High School Students
Welcome to Wildcat Writers!
As part of this program, you will be paired with a college student at the University of Arizona. This is a great opportunity to get to know someone new, ask questions about college, and teach your partner about Tucson. You may want to discuss with your partner:
- The inside scoop on UA
- Writing projects-- offer each other feedback
- Views on college and high school
- Hobbies, music, or movies
- The best places to eat in Tucson
- Future plans
High School Student Code of Conduct
- This program is an opportunity for you to learn more about college writing and college success. Keep interactions focused on matters related to your academic and personal success.
- To benefit the most from this experience, your interactions should remain positive and respectful. It is okay to share anxieties and fears, but do so in a manner that focuses on problem-solving.
- This should be a personal interaction, but don't violate your own privacy by sharing information you are uncomfortable discussing further.
If at any time you are confused about whether something you are doing or saying is appropriate, please contact your teacher. Do not hesitate to ask questions if you find any part of your responsibility unclear or confusing.
*Photo by Eric Cotecson